- outline every chapter. and I recommend you to search the web for some basics on outlining,
- make sure you have everything near you. get all the books on the subject you are doing get a calculator and pens. gather together everything you may think you will need if you didn't need it its ok but if you find yourself getting up to search for something there is a big chance you will get distracted.
- find the right place to study. find out what works for you.
- get a big glass of water to sip from during your studies. apparently dehydration even if its just a little bit lowers your study skills by a lot.
- keep your notes neat and organized.
- find out what are the best study times for you.