This year I had my first try at NaNoWriMo, and I failed terribly.
In the hope of figuring out what went wrong I made a small list of things that kept me from even reaching the first 10k.
1. I didn't set aside any time for NaNoWriMo in my daily schedule.
2. I thought I would be able to write a lot on my first ever trip outside of Europe.
3. I did not prepare properly and had to research a lot about writing during November which took away some mayor writing time.
4. I started playing 5 different Facebook games.
What I want to try doing in preparation for next years NaNoWriMo.
1. Practice writing some more. I have some short stories in my head and it wouldn't hurt to write them down.
2. Try not to plan so many exciting things in November, Like visiting America.
3. Have at least some ideas for a plot written down.
4. Block all the Facebook games, at least in November itself.
Did you ever try something and fail completely? How did you cope and did you try again? Please let me know.