I love baking cake, it’s an easy task and it’s hard to screw up. Since I had a lot of bananas laying around and the heat made them ripen with the speed of light, I decided to make a banana cake. I like how it turned out, so I wanted to share my recipe with everyone.
I wanted to make a small cake so I only used 1/3 of the ingredients listed in the recipe below.
What you will need to make the Banana cake:
- a baking dish which holds 1.5Liters
- 80 ml olive oil
- 3 bananas
- 180 grams of flour
- 180 grams of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 grams of baking powder
- 2 grams of baking soda
- some confectioners sugar and an extra banana for decorating
- preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda power in a bowl.
- mash the bananas in a separate bowl and mix it with the egg and oil.
- add the banana mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until smooth
- pour the mixture into the baking dish and tap the dish on your counter to make sure all the air bubbles are gone.
- bake for 45 to 55 minutes depending on your oven.
To check if your cake is finished, poke a wooden skewer into the cake. If it comes out dry your cake is done.